2 Gills Golden Pippin Squash
1 cup of white rice cooked
2 cups of chicken stock
8 strips of bacon
2 cloves of garlic
2 heads of fresh broccoli
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice squash in half, remove seeds and coat squash and a large sheet pan with olive oil. Put squash, cut side down, on sheet pan. Put bacon, broccoli and garlic cloves (unpeeled) on sheet pan with squash. Roast for 20 minutes. Cook 1 cup of rice in 2 cups of chicken stock until cooked.
- After 20 minutes, remove from oven. Chop broccoli (florets only) and bacon and mix into rice. Squeeze roasted garlic into mixture. Add half of Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Mix well and fill squash halves with mixture (you can overfill).
- Return to oven for 10 minutes. Top the stuffing with the remaining cheese, coat with olive oil and return for another 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Viola! Dinner is served!
Want to learn more about Gill’s Golden Pippen? Click here!