- Fairytale Squash
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth (you can use vegetable broth)
- 1 cup water
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Bake the pumpkin whole. (I placed in oven at 350 degrees and cooked for 60-75 minutes).
- Let cool. Cut squash into pieces, cutting off the skins and then cutting the squash into small chunks.
- Place the squash, onion, garlic, broth and water into a pot. Bring to a boil, uncovered and then reduce heat and let simmer until pumpkin is tender. (You do not have to bake it whole before but could “cook” it during this part until tender. I usually let it simmer 30-45 minutes.
- Remove from heat and use a stick blender until smooth. (You can use a blender if you do not have a stick blender).
- Season soup with salt and pepper. If you desire, you can add cream or milk.
- Top with grated cheese of your choice!